We provide water and sewer services to customers in:

  • Kincardine including the pipeline to Inverhuron
  • Tiverton
  • Armow
  • Scott Point
  • Underwood
  • Huronville
  • Bruce Energy Center (BEC) Business Park

View the current Water and Wastewater Masterplan. We're currently working on an update for this. Read more about it on our Water and Wastewater Master Plan Update page.

Municipality of Kincardine Expansion of the Kincardine Water System

The Municipality of Kincardine has retained Stantec Consulting Ltd. to complete a Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA) to identify options for expansion of the Kincardine Water system and Water Treatment Plant (WTP) at 155 Durham Street.

The following notices have been sent:

At the conclusion of the project, an Environmental Study Report will be prepared. The document will be made available for a 30 day public review period in accordance with the requirements of a Schedule ‘C’ Municipal Class Environmental Assessment.

Please contact a member of the project team to ask any questions about the PIC materials, provide comments, or to be added to the project study list.

Adam Weishar, C.E.T.
Director of Infrastructure and Development Municipality of Kincardine
1475 Concession 5, RR 5
Kincardine ON, N2Z 2X6
Phone: 519-396-3468 ext. 7121

David Kielstra, MA, EP, MCIP, RPP Environmental Planner
Stantec Consulting Ltd.
200-835 Paramount Drive
Stoney Creek ON, L8J 0B4
Phone: 905-381-3247

Scott's Point Municipal Well Replacement

The Municipality of Kincardine initiated a Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (MCEA) study in November 2021 to identify and evaluate options for the replacement of the Scott’s Point municipal well. Recent inspections of the existing well indicate the casing is in poor condition. Given the age and condition of the existing well, a new well at a new municipal well site is being considered. The study process followed the procedures set out in the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment document, dated June 2000, as amended in 2007, 2011 and 2015 (Municipal Engineers Association, 2000). B. M. Ross and Associates Limited (BMROSS) was engaged to conduct the MCEA investigation on behalf of the Municipality.

Read the Environmental Screening Report

Water service info

See our Water Page

Sewer service info

See our Wastewater and Sewers Page

Utility billing

Sign up for eBilling

The Municipality offers direct email delivery of utility bills. To sign up, fill out the eBilling Sign Up Form.

Please remember:

  • Add us to your safe list so the bills do not go to your junk folder.
  • You are responsible to re-submit the online form if there is a change in email address.

Reading your utility bill

View our sample utility bill for more information.

Water and Wastewater Rates

See the 2024 Water and Wastewater Fees in this by-law.

2024 Average Annual Water and Sewer Rates with 200m3 usage

Water Flat Rate

Water Consumption

Sewer Flat Rate


All Systems

Water flat rate: $40.77 x 12 = $489.24

200m3 x $1.18/m3 = $236.00



Billing and due dates


Mailing Date; First week of:

Due Date; Last week of:

South Routes – south side of Kincardine, including Huron-Kinloss water users







North Routes-Tiverton, Inverhuron, Scotts Point, Armow and north side of Kincardine






First business day of January

Commercial Users (bi-monthly)












First business day of January

How to pay your utility bill

Visit the Payment Options page for more information.

Account set up

Moving In

Please fill out the Online Account Set Up Form or fill out the pdf version of the Request for Final Water Reading Form and return to the Utility Clerk by fax, mail, email, or in person to set up your account.

We will require the following information:

  • Property address
  • Legal closing date
  • Name(s) that will appear on the bill
  • Telephone number where we can contact you
  • Mailing address

There will be a one-time account registration fee of $25.00 that will be invoiced to you.

Moving Out

You need to contact us before you move to request a final meter reading on the closing date. This ensures that the account is transferred to the new owners and they are billed for the water they use. Your final bill will be mailed to your forwarding address and includes consumption from your last regular reading date to the final reading date.

Please fill out the Online Request for Final Reading Form or fill out the Request for Final Water Reading Form and return to the Utility Clerk by fax, mail, email, or in person to schedule a final reading.

We will require the following information:

  • Property address
  • Legal closing date
  • A forwarding address to send your final bill

Tenants and landlords

A property owner can grant permission for the Municipality to send the utility bill to their tenant with written authorization. Forms shall be returned to the Treasury Department. Forms required include:

  1. Request for Final Water Reading Form – signed by the property owner (Online Account Set Up Form)
  2. Tenant Authorization to Release Utility Information to Landlord Form – signed by the tenant (Online Account Set Up Form)

The account remains the responsibility of the property owner and failure to pay this account shall result in the transfer of any outstanding balance to the property owner's tax account, subject to transfer fees. It is recommended that the tenant sign up for pre-authorized payments by filling out the Pre-Authorized Payment Form or the Online PAP Form.

Penalty and statement fees

Penalty is applicable on the first day of default, and every 30 days thereafter. After 90 days, arrears are transferred to the tax roll and collected in the same manner as tax arrears. The penalty rate is 1.25% per month, or 15% per year.

Arrears statements are sent out monthly at a rate of $6.00/statement. For all transfers to the tax roll, you will be charged a $20.00 fee.

Statements of account or a reprint of your bill are available upon request. Statements are $18.00 per year, and prior year bills are $18.00/bill. Current year bills are provided at no charge.

Mailing address changes

If your mailing address has changed, please complete the online form.

Authorization to Release Account Information

If you would like to grant permission to someone other than a property owner of your property, please fill out the Authorization to Release Information Form and return to the Municipal Administration Office.

Water certificate

If you require a water certificate, please contact the treasury department. The fee is $45.00 per certificate. Certificates can also be ordered through OptionPay. Visa and Mastercard payments are accepted through OptionPay, and a processing fee will apply.

Utility Billing Exemptions

Utility billing exemptions are granted by the Water Purveyor. An exemption can be applied for in the following situations:

  • Demolition of a dwelling
  • Situation making the dwelling unusable as determined by the Water Purveyor, such as a structure fire

Utility billing exemptions are not granted for:

  • Seasonal cottages or homes
  • Vacant buildings with ready access to the municipal water and or sewer supply

Utility billing exemptions are granted on a case-by-case basis. The Water Purveyor has the right to refuse any application.

Please note that before a utility billing exemption can be applied, the water dept will need to turn off the water and get a final water meter reading. Please call 519-396-4660 or email us to request this.

To apply for an exemption, fill out our Utility Billing Exemption Form.

View our water page for more info on water meters.

Licensed Operators

Your water and wastewater systems are operated by licensed staff. Licensing means that an individual meets the education and experience requirements and has passed the certificate exam.

Testing and Sampling

Our staff follow a sampling schedule regulated by the Ministry of the Environment. For questions related to sampling or to view sampling results please call the water treatment plant at 519-396-4660.

Private Well Testing

We do not test private wells. Contact the Grey Bruce Public Health Unit.

For an Emergency

Please call: 519-396-4660