Skip to main content Skip to footer

Road Occupancy Permit

Contractors, homeowners and others who are planning any activity (such as, but not limited to construction, landscaping etc.) that may cause a public road, sidewalk or boulevard to be blocked in any way, including restricting access, disrupting vehicular/pedestrian traffic flow and/or placing materials of any kind on the municipal Right of Way (road allowance) must obtain a Road Occupancy Permit before starting any work.

Examples of activities requiring a permit include:

  • Placement of a moving container or disposal bin;
  • Short duration storage of construction or landscaping materials beyond the limits of private property;
  • Crossing the boulevard to gain site access where there is no depressed curb or paved driveway;
  • Where the road will be occupied by workers or equipment to support construction or other activities; or
  • Where the sidewalk will be obstructed, resulting in a disruption to pedestrian traffic.

The public road allowance is shared space which is used to deliver services and allow efficient, unencumbered access for residents. Permitting allows the Municipality to:

  • confirm the necessity of each disturbance; etc.
  • ensure road usage is carried out in a safe manner;
  • coordinate activities to reduce public impact; and
  • ensure Municipal assets are protected from damage.

Please submit completed Entrance Permit Application and Road Occupancy Permit.

Sign up to our Newsletter

Stay up to date on the city's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.