Entrance/Curb Cut Permit

A driveway or an entrance is an access right that is given to the landowner by the authority in charge of the road. Entrances onto Municipal roads must therefore be approved. Entrance applications are required for:

• New construction;

• Changing design or location;

• Change in use (i.e. from agricultural to residential);

• Temporary access;

• Any work requiring the curb to cut;

An Entrance Permit Application must be submitted and approved based on the Municipality's criteria for approvals.

All entrance ways shall be constructed in a professional and responsible manner in accordance with Municipal standards and specifications following legislative safety requirements.

Instructions for completing entrance permit applications:

Ensure that the following information is complete on your Entrance Permit Application:

  • All areas of the application are complete (including mailing address with postal code and phone numbers - contact information must be current);
  • Location of the proposed entrance - lot, concession, Township, road name civic address and/or nearest 911 number (if possible) and roll number are included;
  • To facilitate site inspection, the location of the proposed entrance is to be staked;
  • A map should also accompany the application which will include lot location, road name, indication of distance from lot lines and natural features and direction.

A Road Occupancy Permits

Contractors, homeowners and others who are planning any activity (such as, but not limited to construction, landscaping etc.) that may cause a public road, sidewalk or boulevard to be blocked in any way, including restricting access, disrupting vehicular/pedestrian traffic flow and/or placing materials of any kind on the municipal Right of Way (road allowance) must obtain a Road Occupancy Permit before starting any work.

Examples of activities requiring a permit include:

  • Placement of a moving container or disposal bin;
  • Short duration storage of construction or landscaping materials beyond the limits of private property;
  • Crossing the boulevard to gain site access where there is no depressed curb or paved driveway;
  • Where the road will be occupied by workers or equipment to support construction or other activities; or
  • Where the sidewalk will be obstructed, resulting in a disruption to pedestrian traffic.

The public road allowance is shared space which is used to deliver services and allow efficient, unencumbered access for residents. Permitting allows the Municipality to:

  • confirm the necessity of each disturbance; etc.
  • ensure road usage is carried out in a safe manner;
  • coordinate activities to reduce public impact; and
  • ensure Municipal assets are protected from damage.

Please submit completed Entrance Permit Application and Road Occupancy Permit.

Road Closures

To request a road closure, you will need to complete the Special Events Application Process. For more information on this process, please visit the special events page.


Lisa Ambeau
Public Works Administration
1475 Concession 5 , RR#5, Kincardine ON N2Z 2X6
T.: 519-396-3468 ext. 7121
E-Mail this contact
Map this Location