If you wish to file a report regarding non-compliance under the Quarantine Act, contact the Public Health Agency of Canada. For emergencies, please call 9-1-1. For all other police matters, including non-compliance to the EMPCA, please call your local police (Kincardine 519-396-3341) or the OPP at 1-888-310-1122.

Province of Ontario - List of Essential Workplaces

Please follow the link below to find out what workplaces are considered essential. Read the list of essential workplaces in response to COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus). If you have questions about what will be open or impacts to your business or employment, read the frequently asked questions or call the Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659.



What is a Pandemic?

The WHO (World Health Organization) defines the word pandemic loosely - "the worldwide spread of a new disease".

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a pandemic is a disease that has spread in multiple countries around the world, usually affecting a large number of people.

The word comes from the Greek word "pan" meaning all and "demos" meaning people. 


Prevention & How to Protect Yourself:

Coronaviruses are spread mainly from person-to-person through close contact, for example, providing care for a person with COVID-19 in a household or health care setting or coming into direct contact with infectious body fluids of a person with COVID-19.

Everyday actions can help prevent the spread of germs and viruses like COVID-19:

  • Wash your hands frequently

  • Watch your distance (ideally 2m)

  • Wear a Face Covering Correctly
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth

If you need immediate medical attention you should call 911 and mention your travel history and symptoms.

Kincardine has a COVID-19 assessment centre, visit https://www.sbghc.on.ca/ for details.  

For more information, visit the Public Health Agency of Canada or the Ministry of Health





A declaration of emergency and provincewide stay-at-home order are in effect as of Thursday, April 8, at 12:01 a.m.

This will help:

  • save lives
  • prevent hospitals from becoming overwhelmed
  • protect in-person learning and keep children in schools
  • allow for more time to vaccinate Ontarians
  • stop the spread of COVID-19covid 19 in communities

This decision was made in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health and other health experts.

For more information about affected programs and facilities, please visit:

Ontario COVID-19 Public Health Measures & Advice


In addition to the Framework restrictions, members of the public are advised of the following:

· Trips outside of the home should only be for essential reasons (work, school, groceries/pharmacy, health care, assisting vulnerable individuals or exercise and physical activity).

· Virtual gatherings or events are the safest way to visit or recognize occasions with people outside your household.

· Wear a mask or face covering when around others from another household, out in public places, or outdoors when unable to stay physically distant.

· Wash your hands often.

· If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or are not feeling well, stay isolated at home and get tested for COVID-19.


Face Coverings in Indoor Public Places in Grey Bruce - Effective Friday July 17, 2020

The Grey Bruce Health Unit Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Ian Arra, is ordering all Commercial Establishments in Grey Bruce, to the fullest extent possible for all the following, that they:

  • ensure effective measures are in place to maintain physical distancing of 2 metres amongst all employees and clients;
  • ensure the availability of alcohol-based hand rub at all entrances and exits; and,
  • make the best effort (verbal) to restrict persons from entering the premises or remaining within the premises if not wearing a face covering. Turning away or refusing a customer is not required under this Order.

For full details visit the MOH Class Orders page.



April 17, 2021: Grey Bruce COVID-19 From Challenge to Opportunity - Grey Bruce Strong

April 16, 2021: Medical Officer of Health Issues Class Order

April 15, 2021: Grey Bruce COVID-19 Critical Threshold - Health Unit Resources Redeployed

April 15, 2021: Grey Bruce COVID-19 Critical Threshold - Stay at Home

April 14, 2021: COVID-19 Critical Threshold

March 17, 2021: Green Does Not Mean Everything Goes



- If you are visiting the Municipal Administration Centre you can fill out the screening form no more than 24 hours prior to arrival.  






- If you are visiting a recreational facility you can fill out the screening form no more than 24 hours prior to arrival. Screenshot the green check mark to show attendant.

rec screening


Please note that this list of cancellations/interruptions is for Municipality of Kincardine facilties, services and programs that may be affected due to COVID-19 and current Provincial regulations.  Please check back frequently for updates. 

The Municipality of Kincardine will be implementing its business continuity plan to manage the day-to-day operations of the Municipality.  Staff are still able to be contacted at their regular telephone extensions and email.


Facility Closures to the Public - Effective 12:01 Saturday April 3 - Province Wide Shutdown

Davidson Centre 

Tiverton Sports Centre 

Kincardine Fire Station & Tiverton Fire Station 

Municipal Administration Centre 

Visitors Information Centre - *Open*

Kincardine Centre for the Arts 

Kincardine Beach Pavilion

Connaught Agricultural Building 

Whitney Crawford CC & Lions Hall

Brucedale Community Centre

Underwood Office & Community Centre

Waste Management Centre *Open*

All Municipal Ward Shops

Kincardine Water Treatment Plant

Armow Hall

Kincardine Lighthouse

All Municipal Playgrounds *Open*

Splash Pad *Open*

Dog Park-  *Open* (MUST adhere to 2m physical distancing condition)

Tennis Courts *Open*

SkatePark *Open* 

Outdoor Track at Davidson Centre - *Open* (MUST adhere to 2m physical distancing condition)

Indoor Track at Davidson Centre 

Launch Ramps for Recreational Boating – *OPEN*- May-22-2020 (if a group of persons uses that boat or watercraft together for recreational purposes, the members of the group are all members of the same household or one other person from outside that household who lives alone or a caregiver for any member of the household)



For updates at the Kincardine and Tiverton Library and all Bruce County Services please visit 




  • Please continue to monitor www.brucerecycling.com for curbside collection updates. 

  • To further encourage physical distancing, the Municipality of Kincardine is now offering Online Bag Tag Ordering and FREE Delivery. We strongly encourage this program to be used only by those that are in self isolation or quarantine, are considered high risk (older adults or immunocompromised) and/or are not physically able. For those still able, we ask that you continue to purchase your tags while getting groceries or other essential services, in order to maintain this service for those that require it. Locations are listed below. For additional information and to place an order, please visit the link below: https://forms.kincardine.ca/Treasury/Bag-Tag-Online-Order-Form


Bag tags are still required and can be purchased at the following locations:



• Circle K (cash only) 

• Canadian Tire Gas Bar (cash or debit)

• No Frills (cash, debit, or credit card)

• Hi-Way Variety (cash only)

• ESSO- Lake Mart (cash)

• Kwik K Variety and Bakery (cash)

• Sobey's (cash, debit, or credit card)



• Kwik Way (cash or debit)



• Paisley Fresh Mart (cash or debit)



Taxes and other Municipal payments can be paid by mail, the drop box at the Municipal Administrative Centre, online and telephone banking. Payments will continue to be processed on a daily basis. Please contact the Treasury Department if you have concerns about how to make your payments during this time.

You can pay any type of bill through online banking– taxes, utility, marina, general receivables, waste management, etc.

View our Payment Options for other ways to pay your bill.

If you are a vendor, sign up for EFT payments to receive your money directly into your bank account. Fill out the form and send back to us with a void cheque. 


At this time, building permits will be accepted electronically by email. Please send the applicable forms and documents to buildings@kincardine.ca. If not possible to apply electronically, applications can be left at the Municipal drop box inside of the main doors of the Municipal Office, 1475 Concession 5, Kincardine. Review time will be delayed by 48 hours for all applications received by mail/drop off.

Once the application has been reviewed and is ready to be issued, applicants will be notified of application fees owing via email or phone. 

  • Payment preference is by on-line banking.  Add payee  “Municipality of Kincardine” (or Kincardine Municipality – depends on banking institution),  and selecting the non-tax option ie: water or utility and using “9999999” as the account number.  
  • It will be necessary to follow this with an e-mail to cashier@kincardine.caidentifying the building permit number, whose name will appear on the bank notification, the payment amount and date.  
  • In limited cases, payment can be made by way of cheque deposited into the Municipal drop box at the Municipal Office identified above. 
  • Once payment is received, the building permit will be issued electronically, or arrangements can be made to be picked up.

Mandatory building inspections will continue for non-occupied buildings. Occupied residential buildings will not be inspected until further notice. Inspections of non-occupied buildings will only be conducted if no persons are present during the inspection.

Plans for any new structure, addition or renovation must be approved. A Building Permit is your formal permission to start construction or demolition.

Mail, courier and other deliveries to the MAC will only be available on Mondays and Thursdays between 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Payments can still be made to the drop box outside. Please call 519-396-3468 ext. 7116 if you need to make a delivery on those days. 

All other Building Department services will be conducted online or by telephone.:  buildings@kincardine.ca or 519-396-3468 ext. 7124


The Municipality of Kincardine will ONLY be doing the commissioning of documents or issuing marriage licences by appointment.

The Municipality of Kincardine will be limiting lottery licensing services.  Existing lottery licences may require accommodations through this period. To discuss how this will impact your existing licence, please contact Jennifer White.


Kincardine and Tiverton Fire Department buildings have been closed to the general public. Enquiries can be made at 519-396-2141 ext. 2, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Emergency Services will continue as normal and if you have an emergency, please dial 911 for assistance.




Effective 12:01am on Saturday April 3, 2021 for a minimum of 4 weeks, the Davidson Centre and Tiverton Sports Centre will be closed to the public, with all programming cancelled during this period.

The Municipality of Kincardine's Davidson Centre has been selected as a host site for a Vaccination Centre for the Grey Bruce region, and will continue to operate scheduled clinics during the shutdown at this location.

We appreciate your patience and will provide updates as required.  
The Municipality of Kincardine's Davidson Centre has been selected as a host site for a Vaccination Centre for the Grey Bruce region and will continue to operate as such during the Province Wide Shutdown for all scheduled clinics.

We appreciate your patience and will provide updates as required.  

For more information concerning the vaccination roll out, please visit: 



Cancellation Policy : A twenty-four hour cancellation notice will be required to receive a full refund.  Any time after will require a doctors note. This allows time sufficient time for any emergencies that may come up and time for waitlisted participants to reserve a spot.


Please be advised that registration for all of our Municipality of Kincardine recreation programs on Active Net including swimming lessons, advanced aquatics courses, babysitting, stay safe and youth volleyball have been put on hold until further notice.


A COVID screening questionnaire is required for everyone entering the facility

- It can be filled for you at the time of arrival by staff

- It is available online for you to fill online or on your mobile device (no more than up to 24 hours prior to coming to the facility)

 Please screenshot the green check mark at the end to show the attendant. 


For additional inquiries, please contact the Municipality of Kincardine Parks and Recreation Department at 519-396-3491.



 The Terminal is now open during staff hours to serve the aviation public to a maximum of two persons at a time to use the washroom facilities and then exit the building. All Provincial Safety Measures will be observed and a Mask must be worn and safe distancing observed as well as hand sanitizing.

You can continue to communicate with our Staff by phone 519-396-4454 or by email airportmanager@kincardine.ca

At this time Animal Control will still be available to pick up stray dogs, please contact us at (519-396-2287). Please submit all other By-law complaints via email to bylaw@kincardine.ca  Such complaints will be addressed as needed.

- All active Municipality of Kincardine Cemeteries will be available for interments. Please contact the Cemetery Superintendent and your funeral home on current restrictions as they may change from day to day during the COVID-19 Pandemic. People are still able to visit gravesides at their discretion.

- ONLY immediate need cemetery plot/niche sales will be made during this time. Pre-need sales will not be processed. Please see current operating procedure for additional information.

- As per the BAO’s new directive, Funeral Homes can allow up to 40 people per interment, MAXIMUM, with which they will require a list of names and phone numbers for all in attendance. The Municipality of Kincardine will continue to staff graveside services of up to 10 people, MAXIMUM, if the family books a private service directly through us.  If they would like more than ten attendees, we will ask them to call their funeral home in order to have the appropriate staff available to manage proper social distancing efforts and track names and phone numbers of attendees. 


January 15, 2021


November 27, 2020

July 22, 2020


April 9, 2020

April 1, 2020


Kincardine Mayor, Anne Eadie strongly discourages any non essential travel out of or into the area. 


March 23, 2020

Grey Bruce Public Health Unit


Public Health Ontario


World Health Organization


Government of Canada


Ministry of Health and Long term care


South Bruce Grey Health Centre


Brockton Area and Kincardine Family Health Teams



The Human Services Department for Bruce County has compiled a collection of topics , everything from Children's Services, Food Support, Housing and Income. Resources for the various topics are included, and the County's contact information is also provided if needed.
Please share this within your networks, as many others may require these same supports.


Now get all the latest COVID-19 Information right from the Municipal app! Click the COVID-19 icon on the homepage for details. Download the mobile app to your phone or tablet.